As a volunteer within Guiding, it is expected that the volunteer will always:
- respect everyone as an individual
- provide a good example of acceptable behaviour
- respect everyone’s right to privacy
- show understanding when dealing with sensitive issues
- adhere to the organisation’s policies, as stated in the Guiding Manual.
A volunteer must not:
- permit abusive behaviour
- have inappropriate physical or verbal contact with others
- jump to conclusions or make assumptions about others without checking facts
- encourage inappropriate attention-seeking behaviour
- show favouritism to anyone
- make suggestive or inappropriate remarks or actions
- deliberately place yourself or others in a compromising situation.
Further information can be found The Guiding Manual, in The Guiding Manual.