Brownie packs charge ‘subs’ to cover costs like equipment (for all the wonderful crafts and activities they do) and the hire of their meeting place.
Subs are paid:
- Termly, on the first week of the term
- Cost £25 per term
Each year Girlguiding collects an annual subscription from every member, we call this ‘census’ and helps to run guiding both nationally and in local areas. The money collected covers necessary running costs and ensures that we meet the needs of our girls at all times. It finances:
- the development of resources for girls and adults
- insurance for all girls and adults for guiding activities, including our unit meetings
- training for our adult Leaders and other volunteers
- the provision of a support structure for our adult Leaders.
This is paid once per year so if your daughter moves up a section or changes units because she has moved house, she does not have to pay another annual census fee.
Census is paid:
- Yearly, in January/February
- Cost approximately £15
If you pay income tax we can claim 28p for every £1 you give in subs or donations. All you have to do is sign the Gift Aid form attached to the ‘Starting Brownies’ leaflet. Again, this money is used for equipment for the Pack.
Each year we do attend other events (for example, our Pack Holiday or trips to the cinema/bowling for parties). We will request extra payment for these and and when they arise.
We accept payment by either cash or cheque. Please make cheques payable to: 2nd Sedgefield Brownies.
Posted in: Parent